It is safe to say that 2018 has been a game-changing year for the marijuana industry. In October 2018, Canada became the first industrialized country to legalize recreational cannabis, while the number of states in the United States to have legalized marijuana has reached 32. We’re witnessing a booming industry taking over the market. Read below the top three marijuana pharmaceutical stocks are and the ways that TradeFW may help you identify investment opportunities.
The Pharmaceutical Marijuana Industry – Overview
1. GW Pharmaceuticals Stock
Founded in 1998 by Doctors Geoffrey Guy and Brian Whittle, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH) is a British biopharmaceutical company known for its multiple sclerosis treatment product nabiximols, which was sold under the brand name Sativex. Sativex was the first natural cannabis derivative product to ever get market approval. Overall, the company produces high-quality medical cannabis strains and uses them for manufacturing drugs for the treatment of cancer pain, multiple sclerosis, as well as neuropathic pain. Their latest cannabis-based product, Epidiolex, has been given US FDA approval in June 2018 and it is a treatment addressed to epilepsy patients.
Why the GW Pharmaceuticals stock is a good investment opportunity? First of all, the marijuana industry is just making its debut on the stock market and so far, everything looks even better than experts projected. Secondly, it is a good performer stock in the biopharma market and has the ability to ‘swim’ against the stream in turbulent times. With a current Market Cap of $3.82B (as of 2018), the company’s latest product brought with it a lot of potential and speculations. Estimates suggest that Epidiolex could generate around $800 million in peak sale.
As your broker, TradeFW will ensure you are up-to-date with all the latest data regarding this stock in order to act at the right time for trading investments and make inspired decisions. With the assistance of our experts and all the services we provide, your investment may become an opportunity.
2. AbbVie Stock
Founded in 2013, AbbVie Inc. (NYSE:ABBV) is a biopharmaceutical company located in Lake Bluff, Illinois, United States. The company manufactures, markets and distributes more than 44 drugs in over 170 countries. AbbVie is considered a marijuana pharmaceutical company due to its synthetic marijuana product, Marinol, which contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and gives it the marijuana therapeutic properties. Marinol is a best-selling product and its success gave AbbVie exposure to this industry.
In 2017, its revenue was US$28.216 billion and experts predict it will continue to generate strong earnings growth in the following years, by more than 17% annually. More than that, the company plans to launch two new autoimmune disease drugs in 2019: risankizumab and upadacitinib, both expected to be major hits. To sum up, AbbVie stock can be a great choice, if not a must, for long-term investors. TradeFW is the investment firm which puts the safety of your capital above anything else. As all clients’ funds are kept in segregated accounts, with EU credit institutions whereas, the SSL system and other features we offer ensure your data protection.
Invest in Marijuana Pharmaceutical Stocks with TradeFW
As a leader on the market, we know a great investment opportunity when we see one. Broker will ensure your investing experience will be professional one in terms of features, tools, educational materials, practices and support.
- Don Reisinger, “The Legal Marijuana Industry Is Soaring—And 2019 Could Be Its Best Year Yet”, fortune.com, Dec, 17, 2018, http://fortune.com/2018/12/27/legal-marijuana-industry-sales
- Will Healy, “Future of GW Pharmaceuticals Stock Hinges on Recent Floors and Ceilings”, finance.yahoo.com, Jan, 9, 2019, https://finance.yahoo.com/news/future-gw-pharmaceuticals-stock-hinges-092016919.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALD72K-iM5MKAtEoNe0S6vEiWYWJJDD3j7pjPVSw2-pkwwy1Xo9jyDmv9A4_47QAdC_-nc3cit3E8Z2dQuLcyFaQt1mzcmhduKkePpKPjyL8RNcVCwvgt46HS7AAhISVBKianRF83yCDqbHo3zzEqyMOBGwlU_0JTz4p-bCXsG7z
- Marketexclusive.com Staff, “Here’s Why The Committee News Is So Important For GW Pharmaceuticals, marketexclusive.com, Apr, 23, 2018, “https://marketexclusive.com/heres-committee-news-important-gw-pharmaceuticals/2018/04/
- Amy Brown, “As the US shutdown rolls on, blockbuster launches line up for 2019”, evaluate.com, Jan, 17, 2019, http://www.evaluate.com/vantage/articles/data-insights/other-data/us-shutdown-rolls-blockbuster-launches-line-2019
- Trefis Team Contributor, Great Speculations Contributor Group, “What Constellation Brands’ Massive Investment In Canopy Growth Corp. Means For Both Companies”, forbes.com, Aug, 20, 2018, https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2018/08/20/what-constellation-brands-massive-investment-in-canopy-growth-corp-means-for-both-companies/#5eefedb973df
- Graham Rapier, “Tilray dethrones Canopy Growth as the most valuable marijuana stock (TLRY, CGC)”, businessinsider.com, Sep, 19, 2018, https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/weed-stocks-tilray-dethrones-canopy-growth-as-most-valuable-marijuana-company-2018-9-1027547461