Eni is an Italian multinational company that found its place among the world’s largest publicly traded oil and gas companies. This company is always in the top 100 on Fortune Global 500 list for largest companies by revenue. Overview the Eni Stock with TradeFW and compete your trading experience!
Eni S.p.A is an Italian multinational oil and gas company which was founded in February 19531. Its headquarters are located in Rome, Italy; but its operations expand over 79 countries around the globe, including Norway, Congo, Nigeria, the United States, and Venezuela. The company’s key people are Emma Marcegaglia (Chairwoman) and Claudio Descalzi (CEO), while the Italian government owns a 30.1% golden share2.
Eni engages in the gas and oil, electricity generation and sale, as well as petrochemical businesses. It refines and markets petroleum products at retail markets in Europe (the leader operator in Italy), it supplies and markets gas, electricity, and crude oil; and the company is also involved in commodity trading and derivatives. Some of the main subsidiaries through which it operates are: the Belgium-based company Eni Gas & Power, the chemical company Versalis, the oil and gas industry contractor Saipem, and Eni UK.
Eni is among the world’s largest publicly traded oil and gas companies and in terms of market value of shares3; it ranks eighth in comparison with its industry competitors. The Eni stock can be traded on the Italian Stock Exchange (BIT: ENI) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: E). It is also a FTSE MIB stock market index component.
Eni was formed in 1953 from an existing company, Agip – and was listed for the first time to the Italian and New York Stock Exchange in 1995, after becoming a joint stock company by Law Decree. After the oil price collapse from 1998, Eni was forced to take action and proceed to international acquisitions, new explorations and other changes.
In the next decade, Eni had several major discoveries, including the Kashagan oilfield (2000)4, the Iraqi Zubair oilfield (2010)5, as well as the Mamba South, North, and North East natural gas fields (2011-2012)6. Other accomplishments worth mentioning is the major gasfield discovery on the coast of Egypt7. The years of discoveries and hard work led to annual revenue $80.225 billion, a 27.88% increase from 20168, a $9.056 billion operating income, a 279.4% increase from 20169 and a net income of €3.814 billion10.
The Eni Stock – outlines and reasons to buy it
Eni’s background indicates a good and growing financial health, which makes it a exciting stock. Moreover, the company’s earnings growth is positive and it is expected to reach 3.2% in the following three years. At the time of writing, the payout ratio is of 64% (1.6x coverage)13 and the future net income is expacted to grow in the next three years14.
Eni is among the world’s largest publicly traded oil and gas companies and can be traded on the Italian Stock Exchange (BIT: ENI), as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: E). It’s a trading opportunity worth considering with TradeFW.
- “Eni: the history of a great company”, eni.com, https://www.eni.com/en_IT/company/eni-history/eni-history-of-great-company.page
- “Shareholders”, eni.com, https://www.eni.com/en_IT/company/governance/shareholders.page
- Eni.com, “Share price performance:, https://www.eni.com/en_IT/investors/investor-tool/share-price-performance.page
- “Eni: onshore plant delivers giant Kashagan field’s oil”, eni.com, https://www.eni.com/en_IT/media/2016/10/eni-onshore-plant-delivers-giant-kashagan-fields-oil?lnkfrm=newssearch
- “Eni’s activities in Iraq”, eni.com, https://www.eni.com/enipedia/en_IT/international-presence/asia-oceania/enis-activities-in-iraq.page
- “Eni: important new discovery in Mozambique”, eni.com, https://www.eni.com/en_IT/media/2012/08/eni-important-new-discovery-in-mozambique
- “Eni announces a new gas discovery in the Nour prospect, Offshore Egypt”, eni.com, https://www.eni.com/en_IT/media/2019/03/eni-announces-a-new-gas-discovery-in-the-nour-prospect-offshore-egypt
- “Eni SpA Net Income 2006-2018”, macrotrends.net, https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/E/eni-spa/revenue
- “Eni SpA Net Income 2006-2018”, macrotrends.net, https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/E/eni-spa/operating-income
- “Eni SpA Net Income 2006-2018”, macrotrends.net, https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/E/eni-spa/net-income
- “Eni SpA PE Ratio 2006-2018 | E”, macrotrends.net, https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/E/eni-spa/pe-ratio
- “Credit rating and debt”, eni.comhttps://www.eni.com/en_IT/investors/market-rating/credit-rating-and-debt.page
- “Eni SpA (NYSE:E) Dividend Payout Ratio: 0.00 (As of Dec. 2018)”, gurufocus.com, https://www.gurufocus.com/term/payout/E/Dividend-Payout-Ratio/Eni%20SpA
- ENI (ENI), marketscreener.com, https://www.marketscreener.com/ENI-413403/financials/