TradeFW is the best trading platform for both the top stocks on the market with for beginners and professional traders. Find out more about Microsoft Corp. (MSFT), one of the giants of the tech industry, and invest with TradeFW now!
Microsoft Corp. – Overview
Founded on April 4, 1975 by childhood friends Bill Gates and Paul Allen; Microsoft Corp. is an American multinational technology corporation, headquartered in Redmont, Washington. The company engages in the development, manufacture, license, support, and sell of computer software, home electronics, PCs and other related services.
Its most significant brand acquisitions were HotMail.com for $400 million (1997)1, the advertising company aQuantive for $6 billion (2007)2, Skype Technologies for $8.65 billion (2011)3, the professional networking site LinkedIn for $26.2 billion (2016)4, and the code repository site GitHub for $7.5 billion in Microsoft stock (2018)5.
The corporate headquarters, known as the Microsoft Redmond campus, is located at One Microsoft Way in Redmond, Washington. However, other offices are located in Issaquah, Bellevue, and Charlotte, North Carolina, while the company has over 90,000 employees worldwide.
The Microsoft Corp. current key people are John Wendell Thompson (Chairman), Brad Smith (President and Chief Legal Officer), Satya Nadella (CEO), and Bill Gates (Technical Advisor).
What services and products does Microsoft Corp. offer?
The company operates through the following segments: Productivity and Business Processes (Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams Skype, Outlook.com, and OneDrive), Intelligent Cloud (SQL Server, Windows Server, Visual Studio, System Center, and related CALs), and More Personal Computing segments (Windows Internet of Things, non-volume licensing of the Windows operating system; patent licensing, MSN display advertising; PC accessories; Xbox hardware and software and services; and Bing/Bing Ads search advertising).
The company also produces other consumer and enterprise software for desktop and servers, like Internet Search (Bing), mixed reality (HoloLens); the digital services market (MSN), and cloud computing (Azure). Some of its most successful and valued products are Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Xbox, Dynamics, and Visual Studios; while Azure, Bing, TechNet, Windows Store and Windows update are their top services.
Become a shareholder of the Microsoft Corp. stock with TradeFW
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) is listed on the NASDAQ stock market and it’s also a member of the leading NASDAQ – 100, DIJA, S&P 100, and S&P 500 stock market indexes. If you want to start trading with TradeFW.com broker, trade the Microsoft Corp. stock price or buy Microsoft Corp. shares with TradeFw!
- Lisa Goetz, “Top Companies Owned by Microsoft (MSFT) “, Oct, 4, 2018, investopedia.com, https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/020316/top-5-companies-owned-microsoft-msft.asp
- “Microsoft to Acquire aQuantive, Inc.”, microsoft.com, https://news.microsoft.com/2007/05/18/microsoft-to-acquire-aquantive-inc/
- Peter Bright, “Microsoft Buys Skype for $8.5 Billion. Why, Exactly?”, 2011, wired.com, https://www.wired.com/2011/05/microsoft-buys-skype-2/
- Nick Wingfield, “Microsoft Buys LinkedIn for $26.2 Billion, Reasserting Its Muscle”, Jun, 2016, nytimes.com, https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/business/dealbook/microsoft-to-buy-linkedin-for-26-2-billion.html
- Microsoft News Center, “Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion”, Jun, 2018, news.microsoft.com, https://news.microsoft.com/2018/06/04/microsoft-to-acquire-github-for-7-5-billion/