TradeFw provides you with the hottest stocks on the market. Find out more about the Intel Corporation (INTC), the world’s second largest semiconductor chip maker, and trade its share price on our dynamic and performant platform!
Intel Corporation – Overview
Founded on July 18, 1968 by semiconductor pioneers Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce, Intel is a multinational corporation and technology based in Santa Clara, California, in the Silicon Valley. It specializes in the design, manufacture and sale of computer microprocessors, motherboard chipsets, integrated circuits, graphic chips, and communication platforms.
Its biggest subsidiaries are MobilEye – an Israeli company that develops vision-based advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) – acquired for US$15.3 billion1, Altera, an American manufacturer of programmable logic devices (PLDs), bought for $16.7 billion2. Other subsidiaries include Movidius3, Nervana Systems4, Recon5, and Vuzix6.
What type of products and services does Intel Corp. offer?
The company operates through the following segments: Client Computing Group (hardware components used in desktop and notebook computers), Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (manufactures NAND flash memory and 3D XPoint), Data Center Group (produces hardware components used in server/network/storage platforms), Internet of Things Group (platforms designed for retail, transportation, industrial, and home use), Programmable Solutions Group (manufactures programmable semiconductors, like FPGAs), and Intel Security Group (produces security software and antivirus software).
Intel created the first commercially available microprocessor (Intel 4004) in 1971. The x86 series of microprocessors, which is incorporated in most personal computers, was also invented by Intel and it is one of their top products. Some other Intel top products are: the mobile operating system Tizen, the Intel Core/Xeon/Pentium/Quark and Itanium Processors; the Intel Optane Memory, the Intel FPGA Design Tools and Software.
The company is also a processors provider for the most reputable computer system manufacturers in the world7, such as Apple, HP, Lenovo, and Dell. In 2016, Dell accounted for 15% of Intel’s total revenues, Lenovo accounted for 13% of total revenues, and HP Inc. accounted for 10% of total revenues8.
As of 2017, Intel Corp. is an Official Technology Provider for several teams from the National Football League (NFL) and the Major League Baseball (MLB). With 38 5K ultra-high definition cameras placed around each stadium, the recorded data is sent via fiber-optic cables to Intel servers that virtually recreate the clip in 3D. The data is eventually available for fans to access on all NFL and MLB virtual platforms.
TradeFW – the best place to buy Intel Corp. shares online
Intel Corporation (INTC) is the second largest and second highest valued semiconductor chip maker (in terms of revenue) on a global level, after Samsung. Its shares are listed on the NASDAQ stock market and the company is also a member of the prestigious NASDAQ – 100, DIJA, S&P 100, and S&P 500 stock market indexes. Trade the Intel Corp. stock price or buy Intel Corp. shares with the best CFDs broker on the market, TradeFw!
- “Intel to buy driverless technology firm Mobileye for $15.3 billion”, Mar, 2017, cnbc.com, https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/13/intel-to-buy-mobileye-for-14-billion-to-15-billion-israeli-media-report.html
- Barb Darrow, “Official At Last: Intel Completes $16.7 Billion Buy of Altera”, fortune.com, Dec, 2015, http://fortune.com/2015/12/28/intel-completes-altera-acquisition/
- “Intel to Acquire Movidius: Accelerating Computer Vision through RealSense for the Next Wave of Computing”, Josh Walden, Sep, 2016, intel.com, https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/josh-walden-intel-editorial/
- “Intel + Nervana”, Naveen Rao, Sep, 2016, intel.ai, https://www.intel.ai/intel-nervana/
- “Intel acquires wearable display company Recon Instruments”, Sean O’Kane, Jun, 2015, theverge.com, https://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/8796781/intel-wearables-recon-instruments-acquisition
- “Vuzix Corporation Receives $24.8 Million Investment From Intel Corporation”, Jan, 2015, vuzix.com, https://ir.vuzix.com/press-releases/detail/1264/vuzix-corporation-receives-24-8-million-investment-from
- “The Best CPU Manufacturers”, https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-cpu-manufacturers-and-top-cpu-brands/computer-hardware
- Intel 2016 Annual Report, https://s21.q4cdn.com/347695511/files/doc_downloads/Intel_2016_Annual_Report.pdf